Friday, December 18, 2009

Calumpit Church, Parish Church,Robinson Place Manila

Calumpit Church,Bulacan

Calumpit borders the town of Apalit in Pampanga and is the first town in Bulacan to be Christianized in 1572 as a visita of Tondo in Manila. Construction of the Parish Church of San Nicolas de Tolentino is thought to be started in the middle 17th century but over the years, it has been renovated many times. In 1899, the revolutionaries burned the church.

The facade is simple with four decorative Corinthian columns seemingly carrying the pediment. One of the notable features of this church is the presence of an elaborate carving done in stucco that can be seen at the top of the main and side portals featuring Christ, the apostles, animals symbolizing the four evangelists and angels. Originally, the pediment is only up to the wavelike decoration but later, probably 20th century, was extended.

Robinson Place Manila

Robinsons Place Manila in Ermita is strategically located at the heart of romantic and historic City of Manila. Within a kilometer radius is a community of residences, government and business offices, schools and universities, parks, art and cultural centers, hospitals, stretch of curio shops, and night spots. It is within walking distance from Manila's major thoroughfares -- Taft Avenue and Roxas Boulevard.

Originally built in the 1980's, Robinsons Place Manila was redeveloped into a 7-level world-class shopping complex with more than 330 internationally known and popular local shops, dining outlets, entertainment facilities and servic

e centers. With the opening in June 2000 of the Padre Faura Wing, we are giving our customers more shopping and dining choices in Manila's leading shopping center.

Robinsons Place Manila is connected to a twin residential high-rise condominium -- Robinsons Place Residences and future Adriatico Residences.

Robinsons Place Manila or Robinsons Midtown Mall is a shopping mall located in the city of Manila. It was the second and by-far, the largest Robinsons Mall ever built by John Gokongwei. It began operations in 1995 and was opened in 1997. The mall features anchors like Robinsons Supermarket, Robinsons Department Store.

Parish Church of Saint James the Great

The St. James Parish Church, which is dedicated to St. James the Great (patron Saint of Spain), was built between 1775 and 1782. The Church is constructed of white limestone and is of the Greek cross plan with a bell tower at the west end. The building also has large, round-headed sash windows and an elaborate Palladian window is behind the altar at the west end. The Church was severely damaged in the earthquake of 1951, but repair work resulted in only minor departures from the original design.

Posted By: Pineda,Edralyn D.

No comments:

Post a Comment